Chat live with us
Online Chat



Works on Public Road (Driveway Crossover, Private Stormwater & Underground Services)

An engineering permit is required when you are wanting to:

  • Install / Widen / Repair Driveway Crossover
  • Install Private Stormwater Outlet
  • Repair existing Stormwater
  • Lay Underground Services

What are the costs?

There is a non-refundable Application Fee of $50 per permit type / per property which must be paid upon submission of your application. This fee is not required if the driveway has been approved as part of the Development Application. If a tree needs to be removed, additional fees will apply. Council's Development and Permits Officer will advise you of these once your application has been received.

What do you need to know?

You will need to supply the following information with your application:

  • Contractors Certificate of Currency showing a minimum twenty million dollars ($20,000,000) Public Liability Insurance.
    Note: Tax invoices are not considered sufficient evidence of Public Liability Insurance. 


  • Plan of proposed installation indicating whether the following will impose on the design:
    • Footpath
    • Council Trees or Vegetation
    • Stobie Poles
    • Existing Driveway Crossover
    • Existing Private Stormwater Outlets
    • Council’s Stormwater Drainage Pits
    • Telstra Pits
    • Bus Stops & Shelters
    • Distance shown between any of the above to the Location of Works

Plan of Proposed Works - example

All work must be carried out in accordance with the standard drawings. Where any doublt exists, Council's Development and Permits Officer shall be contacted. The work will be inspected on completion and any unsatisfactory work shall be removed and replace at the owner's expense.

Where to find Standard Drawings?

The following dosuments provide standard detail relating to civil engineering infrastructure. Please ensure you are familiar with ALL standard drawings to be followed in relation to your works (e.g. vehicular crossing, footpath, kerb and gutter). For further information, please contact Council's Development and Permits Officer on 8408 1111.

Residential Vehicular Crossing - Concrete

Residential Vehicular Crossing - Paved

Commercial Vehicular Crossing - Concrete

Commercial Vehicular Crossing - Paved

Industrial Vehicular Crossing - Concrete

Footpath - Concrete With Reinforcement 

Footpath - Brick Paved

Trench Reinstatement - Standard Detail

Stormwater Drainage Connection

Kerb and Gutter

Median Kerb - Type A and Type B

What happens next?

You will receive an email acknowledging receipt of your application.

The assessment process will occur within ten (10) to fifteen (15) business days and will include:

  • Confirmation of your application
  • Investigation of your proposed activity

If there is a tree on Council verge in the way of works, or within 2m of the proposed works, it will require an assessment by Council's Technical Arboriculture Officer. Please allow an additional 5 days in the approval process. Please note that under no circumstances will trenching on both sides of a tree trunk be allowed.

If the tree is required to be removed, all amenity costs will be charged back to the Applicant. A Tax invoice for tree removal will be provided together with the permit approval. Please note that all removal and stump grinding works will be organised by Council's Arboriculture Team upon payment of the invoice.

On approval, you will be provided with a permit confirming the approved activity and the conditions.

The permit is valid for 12 months after the date of issue.

Who to call for help?

Engineering Strategy and Assets 
Phone: (08) 8408 1111

Provide feedback for this page