Chat live with us
Online Chat



Event Information Kit

Want to hold an event in a Reserve?

Events and ActivitiesThe City of Charles Sturt is situated in the western suburbs of Adelaide and boasts 11.5kms of coastline, approximately 300 parks and reserves.

Please see below Application form to be filled in and returned to the External Events Coordinator.

Application for Event - Parks, Gardens and Reserves

Find a Park and their facilities

Hire Subsidy - Halls and Council Facilities

Fees and Charges Register

Events Information Kit

The City of Charles Sturt Events Information Kit has been prepared to assist organisations, individuals and community groups in planning events in the City of Charles Sturt.

The Kit touches on key aspects of the event planning process, noting important factors that are sometimes overlooked and assist you with Council’s requirements and procedures.

Events Information Kit - A guide for Event Organisers (340 kb)

Special Event Kit - Planning of Public Transport Services (625 kb)

Risk Management Plan

Dependant on the type of event requested, a Risk Management Plan may be required to be submitted in relation to events being held on land under the care and control of Council.

Please note that a completed Risk Management Plan must be provided to Council no less than 21 days prior to the event.

Event Risk Management Plan - External Events (126 kb)

General Safety Handbook

A handbook for Local Government Employees and Contractors employed by Local Government.

Management of Public Health & Safety at Public Events

Guidelines for the Management of Public Health & Safety at Public Events

Notification of a Temporary Food Event

All businesses wishing to sell food at temporary events must notify Council of their operations by completing the relevant form below and returning it to Council at least 14 days prior to the event.

For Large Events (multiple food businesses operating)
The Event Coordinator must complete the Food Notification Form for Event Coordinators:

Food Notification for Event Coordinators Form

For Small Events (a single business only)
The food business must complete the Food Event Notification Form:
Food Event Notification Form

*Please note- if you are planning to sell food on Council land you must apply for a vending permit by completing the form 'Application for Permit Vending on Local Government Land'.

Vending on Local Government Land - Application for Permit(1035 kb)

For more information contact our Event Coordinator on 8408 1111. 

Provide feedback for this page