Chat live with us
Online Chat



Community Care Information

Community Care Booklet City of Charles Sturt receives funding from the State and Commonwealth Government to provide services to eligible residents residing within the council region.

These entry level services are made available to support people who are aged, have a disability and those who care for others. The services assist these people to remain in their own homes and avoid premature or inappropriate admission to long term residential care and thereby improve their quality of life.

Services include spring cleaning, shopping support, basic home maintenance and modification, social activities, transport and respite.

For more information contact a Customer Service Officer – Community Care on 8408 1529.

Community Care has developed an Information Booklet which is available to view online and outlines services available through the City of Charles Sturt:

Community Care Information Booklet

If this does not open for you, you may need to install the latest version of Flash Player - download it here.

If you would like a copy of this booklet mailed to you please contact a Customer Service Officer on 8408 1529.

Aged Rights Advocacy Service (ARAS) is funded to provide free, confidential and independent support to persons using aged care services and their carers. If you need support or advice contact ARAS on 8232 5377.

Under 65's

This referral form is for persons aged under 65 and receiving  a Disability Support Pension (not receiving NDIS funding ) and require assistance to stay at home.

Please complete the referral form below and return to Council . A staff member will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss your referral further.

Home and Community Care Assessment and Referral (172 kb)

Western Living - Newsletter

Western Living Newsletters - see all editions

For services which are not available through City of Charles Sturt or if your need is higher than the level of service that Council is funded to provide, please My Aged Care for assistance.

Useful tips if needing to make a complaint:

Aged Care Complaints Commissioner - tips

Provide feedback for this page